A Step-by-Step Guide:
1. Login to your Facebook Business Manager:
- Go to the Business Manager homepage: https://business.facebook.com/
- Log in using your credentials linked to your Business Manager account.
2. Navigate to “Business Settings”:
- Once logged in, on the main dashboard, locate and click on the menu icon (usually represented by three horizontal lines, often referred to as a “hamburger icon“) in the top left corner.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Business Settings.”
3. Select “Ad Accounts”:
- In the Business Settings, on the left-hand side menu, you’ll see an “Accounts” section. Click on “Ad Accounts.”
4. Click on “+ Add”:
- This button is typically located in the top right corner or somewhere central on the Ad Accounts page.
5. Choose “Create a New Ad Account”:
- A dialog box or a new page will appear, asking you for details about the new ad account.
6. Provide Ad Account Details:
- Ad Account Name: Enter a name for your Ad Account. This can be the name of your business or a specific campaign, depending on how you intend to structure your campaigns.
- Time Zone: Set your local time zone.
- Currency: Select your preferred currency for billing and reporting.
- Once all details are filled out, click on “Next.”
7. Assign Ad Account Roles:
- Choose who will have access to this ad account and what permissions they’ll have:
- Ad Account Admin: Can manage all aspects of campaigns, including billing details and adding users.
- Ad Account Advertiser: Can see and edit ads and set up ads using the payment method linked to the ad account.
- Ad Account Analyst: Can only see ads and analytics.
- Select the role and then add people by entering their names or email addresses. Once done, click on “Next.”
8. Provide Business Details:
- Enter your business details as required, which might include your business address. This step ensures that your ad account aligns with the business you’re advertising for.
9. Set Up Billing:
- Once your ad account is created, it’s essential to set up your billing details. Click on “Payment Settings” in the Ad Account settings and add your payment method, e.g., credit card, PayPal, etc. Make sure the billing information matches what’s on file with your bank.
10. Review and Confirm:
- Review all the details you’ve entered to make sure everything is correct. Once you’ve verified all details, you can proceed with creating ads.
Remember, only one person should create an Ad Account for a business. Once created, that person can then assign roles and provide access to others as needed. Creating multiple ad accounts for the same business can lead to confusion and issues with billing and ad delivery.